2015 was this to me:
- A shit-storm of emotions, burdens, loneliness, realizations, wake-up calls, growth and change.
- A finalization to the three-year divorce battle of the
roses(insert my last name and his which is not Rose)
- The year I reached the summit of my life in age (despite feeling at least a decade younger most days).
- This wonderful time I was able to spend two months on a work-vacation (mostly work) in Puerto Rico.
- A time when I was unable to complete even one full task on the Broken House (although, I did try!)
So, onward march into a fresh New Year, I say, and here it is upon us! I just feel 2016 is going to a much better one and I made 20 goals to help guide me. And, just to be sure I have all my NY bases covered, I also decided a good word for 2016 is:
1. To fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault).
2. The action of fixing or mending something.
(Synonyms: Restore to working order, put right, renovate, fix up, overhaul...)
- Pay off a third of my debt. More would be even better. How? See the next goal!
- No spend for an entire year (basically beyond very necessary items like pet food, a little perishables, TP, and the proverbial new underwear should they be needed, I will buy nada! I will also make a list of wish/wants/possible needs beyond the aforementioned and try to scrounge, borrow, and, last, buy used before succumbing the siren call of retail). This will also mean being creative in finding free entertainment, ways to save on food, and making gifts.
- Organize and purge the email boxes (both work and personal). You have no idea how tedious this one is going to be, but both have had years of neglect.
- Organize and purge paperwork. Again, work and home need some serious weeding/landscaping in this area.
- Read 25 already owned books and then purge, give-away, sell or whatever. Keep only if absolutely irreplaceable (like a reference book).
- Restart blog...Hey! Here I am!
- Learn something new. I am hoping I learn to identify mushrooms, but we shall see.
- Practice/study Spanish every day. I have Rosetta Stone and bilingual friends to call upon for this goal.
- Hike 12 new places.
- Build raised garden beds and grow something in them (something other than weeds, preferably).
- Rehab rental house and sell. I do not have time for a house 8 hours RT away. I had to hang onto it until the divorce was completed and it is. Bye, bye little cottage!
- Visit a new state and/or city.
- Organize office. Enough said.
- Purge/de-clutter/Konmari-the-hell out of the clothes and shit in this house.
- Be an urban forager: relearn edible plant ID, learn mushroom ID, try other urban foraging activities.
- Learn photo editing software and organize photos.
- Find a kennel for the dogs (I should knock this one out fairly quickly as my pet sitter is no longer a part of our lives and I will need one by end of January).
- Finish a house project before starting (non-emergency) one. I want to see progress!
- If I should happen to finish the many projects already started, begin this one: Pantry/workshop room.
- Do three art projects. I have some ideas, but I am leaving this one open.
- Do 6 things on the 101/1001 days list I made over a year ago. I am running out of 1001.
Happy New Year!